Our Client, a leading provider of telecommunication services, has identified a new, permanent, opportunity for a 2nd Line Network and Security Engineer.
The primary responsibility of a 2nd Line Network & Security Engineer is to support Networks, Security, Data Centre hardware and ICT solutions across a wide range and diverse Enterprise solutions and Managed Services. They provide technical support, resolving escalated technical issues and completing network changes. This covers multiple areas of ICT and Networking such as Firewalls, routing and switching, network services, performance data and systems security.
- Have a deep rooted and a broad understanding and knowledge of networking and security, with a Cisco, Nexus, Checkpoint, Palo Alto background essential. The engineer will have a minimum of CCNA Security and Routing and Switching and Palo Alto accreditation with at least 3 year's support experience in large Enterprise Networks and Managed Services or Operations and Delivery.
- Work to challenging SLA targets maintaining an interest in the ultimate resolution of incidents
- Be able to evaluate, schedule & implement complex changes on a broad range of customer networks and will complete evaluations often working closely with Design Services & Technical Leads, to a schedule.
- Have good interpersonal skills and will be able to work closely with and share knowledge with the service desk and Level 2/3 engineers as well as other stakeholders, customers or third parties.
- Support Internal and Customer Networks assuring their integrity
- Investigate problems in order to ascertain full Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and eliminate repeat or further incidents
- Develop and maintain the necessary skills to maintain operational stability including preventative maintenance and ensuring security is maintained effectively
- Ensure action taken to meet or exceed agreed operating objectives and goals.
- Participate and encourage working with other teams and business units when required to ensure business and customer demands are facilitated.
- Maintain and influence expectations of service delivery across the business to meet SLA targets.
The role holders will be required to work in the Data Centre Monday to Friday 10am to 6 pm but it may change at their managers discretion. Additional hours may also be requited from time to time.
On call, OOH and Weekends is a requirement for this position. There may be occasional on site customer work
Key Skills which should be evident from your CV are:
- Cisco accreditation CCNA Security & Routing & Switching a minimum requirement working towards a CCNP
- Experience across Cisco LAN Switching & WAN Routing, Wireless, Nexus, Meraki, Content Switching, VPN,
- Security - IPS, IDS Checkpoint Firewalls, Endpoint, DDOS, Citrix NetScaler's - Load Balancing ,Palo Alto firewalls, Panorama, Arbor DDOS & Cyber Security
- Previous experience in an Operational environment with the ability to troubleshoot complex network issues
- Brilliant internal/external stakeholder communication skills and a team player in an ITIL based environment
- Willing to learn new technologies and be able to fulfil complex tasks
- Willing to work alone, for extended time periods on major projects
- The ability to proactively identify and address challenges for the benefit of the team and the business
- Engage with and work with their own team and those outside their own to seek help on complex issues
- Able to prioritise ever changing work stacks and escalate where appropriate
To express your interest in this position please forward your CV via the link by 3pm on Monday 8th July 2019