Accountant (Qualified or Part Qualified) required for role in Enniskillen town within the Public Sector. This full time role(37.5hours weekly) will begin asap.
Candidate should meet the following eligibility criteria:
Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, ICAI) with an ADDITIONAL minimum of at least 1 year's experience in a similar role.
Part Qualified Accountant (ACA,ACCA,CIMA,ICAI) with an ADDITIONAL minimum of at least three years experience in a similar role
Candidate should be able to demonstrate experience of
- Preparation of both management and year end accounts, producing VAT returns, preparing for audits, using a computerised accounts package and experience supervising staff.
- Evidence of communicating with a range of stakeholders
- Proficient in the use of IT, including Microsoft packages such as Excel, Word etc.
- Effective organisational skills with the proven ability to prioritise and manage workloads to meet deadlines.
- Ability to analyse data and produce relevant accurate reports.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible approach with a focus on service and performance
- Produce management reports and maintain budget control through regular contact with budget holders
- Prepare budgets in consultation with budget holders and Senior Management Team
- Assist in the planning and preparation of the draft Annual Accounts preparing supporting papers as required
- Supervise the Administrators ensuring the smooth running of the day to day workload.
- Ensure all work is completed on time and is adequately resourced
- Assist the Project Accountant in the maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register and preparation of relevant papers for the Annual Accounts
- Provide support to the Project Accountant in relation to updating valuations for Assets
- Oversee the regulatory aspects of the Finance function ie VAT, RCT, payroll deductions
- Ensure financial policies and procedures are kept up to date and are followed
- Ensure an adequate system of internal control is operated for the prevention, detection and investigation of irregularities including fraud and corruption.
- Provide information as required by Sponsor Departments
- Co-ordinate responses to enquires
- Enhance current systems and implement new systems as required from time to time providing training, updating procedures and policies to achieve efficiencies and improved business practices.