A fantastic opportunity for an Accounting Technician to join an established and growing Chartered Accountancy Practise based in Ballymena. Due to continued expansion, an permanent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Accounting Technician to join the team.
The successful candidate will be based in a modern, open plan office in Ballymena, with free on site parking, but may on occasion also be required to work at clients premises.
Typical Responsibilities for the Accounting Technician would include:
- Working independently and also assisting a Chartered Accountant to prepare accounts for sole traders, partnerships and companies
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly and quarterly management accounts
- Preparation of Self-Assessment Tax Returns
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Book-keeping, using Sage 50c Accounts and Quickbooks
- Maintenance of weekly and monthly payroll including Auto Enrolment requirements
You should be a qualified Accounting Technician and have been working in a practice environment. You should have at least 5 GCSE's at Grades A* to C and attained some qualifications at A-Level or equivalent.
You will also: -
- Have at least three years' experience carrying out the above duties in a practice environment
- Have a working familiarity with Sage 50c accounts and Sage payroll
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Be able to work to numerous deadlines
- Have a clean driving licence and access to your own transport
Job Type: Full-time Mon-Friday 9am-5pm