FULL TIME, PERMANENT
Situated a short drive from Derry City, our client is a market leading fuel provider with sites throughout Northern Ireland. In order to keep up with a sustained period of growth, they are looking to add to their Accounts function and require an experienced Accounts Assistant with developed skills in Purchase Ledger processing.
As Accounts Assistant you will report directly to the Accountant in a fast paced, busy environment. You will undertake a range of Accounts related duties to include:
- General Admin duties: Telephone, filing, post, enquiries etc
- Completing daily bank lodgements, reconciliations, analysis and processing of credit cards, staff expenses and petty cash.
- Processing invoices, payments, raising purchase orders and processing goods received.
- Forecast levels of demand for services and products
- Maintain Consumable stock levels
- Month end processing, such as account balancing to suppliers statements and month end audit procedures while producing accurate reports.
- Maintenance of bookkeeping records including provision for Accruals, Prepayments, processing and Nominal analysis
- VAT Returns
- Assist with the preparation of internal management accounts
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential.
- Experience of high volume finance function within a business.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent IT skills with proficiency of Excel and other Microsoft packages
- Good analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisation skills, able to work unsupervised and plan workloads effectively to meet deadlines
Our client offers a competitive salary depending on your level of experience as well as the opportunity for personal development and growth for your career.
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information, you can contact Marc Doorish at the Derry branch, or apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.