Based in East Belfast, our client is an established Construction and Development company who are experiencing growth due to some new exciting projects.
The ideal candidate would be joining a small team in a friendly working environment with the opportunity to contribute to exciting new projects and get involved in more technical areas of accounting and taxation if desired. You will play a key role in the financial team. This is an opportunity to develop your skills working with managers to ensure that financial information is accurate, and they have appropriate and timely information.
Negotiable with flexibility
Principal duties are as follows
- Reporting to the finance manager
- Independently run the purchase function liaising with in house QS and site managers
- Ensuring the accuracy of all invoices and inputs to the system
- First point of contact with suppliers and resolution of any queries
- Obtaining the necessary approvals in line with company policies and procedures
- Preparing payments runs, postings and setting up in bank
- Management of CIS registrations and completion of returns
- Bank and Credit Card posting and reconciliation of various Nominal Ledger Accounts
- Production of monthly invoices
- Assisting wider finance team with any ad hoc activities
- Ordering office stationery, kitchen and other office supplies
- The candidate will be expected to take an active part in the smooth operation of what is a small and dynamic office. Including welcoming guests and the maintenance of a clean and attractive working environment.
Key skills and experience
- An accounting technician's qualification or similar is desirable
- The candidate should have experience in working with accounting packages preferably Xero
- A high level of Excel skills is essential
- Experience in the construction sector would be beneficial but not required
- Excellent written and communication skills
- GCSE Math's & English grade A-C
- Higher level qualifications
Why use Grafton? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please contact Kim on 02890 242824 and apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.