Grafton Recruitment is recruiting exclusively for an Accounts Assistant for our long standing client. This is a temporary ongoing position based in Belfast.
As an accounts assistant you will be responsible for the timely and accurate processing of accounts information to support the needs of the business.
- Accurate input & processing of data onto spread sheets and financial packages
- Accurate reconciliation of accounts & data as required and liaison with relevant parties to resolve issues & anomalies
- Accurate and timely reporting of relevant reports - weekly, monthly etc
- Financial data is analysed and relevant comparisons are made to ensure integrity of data
- Appropriate confidentiality at all times
- Relevant financial and accounting processes are adhered to and suggestions to improve these are made
- Support of and contribution to departmental and company improvement programmes
- Testing of systems on new ERP software
- Support for ERP project implementation team
- Backup for finance team during ERP project implementation
- Effective liaison with other departments / clients re the application of policies and procedures
- All relevant administrative duties are completed on time
- Effective communication with all employee and external contacts as required
- All company policy is complied with and supported
- Personal training and development needs are identified with supervisor
- Any other duties are carried out as appropriate
- At least 2 years previous experience in a finance environment
- Capable of using standard computer packages
- Experience in the use of Excel and Spreadsheets
- Has a flexible approach to working particularly at end of month or end of year as required
- Should hold a minimum of 5 O'Level / GCSE passes at Grade C or above including English and Mathematics or equivalent
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
If you meet the essential criteria for this role please attach your CV for consideration for the attention of Katie Doyle.