The Client: Located in Newry, the company are a major supplier to commercial, agricultural, retail and domestic customers.
Hours of work: Monday to Thursday 9am - 5.30pm, & Friday 9am - 4.30pm
- Update Cashbook on a daily basis and post to ledgers
- Post on-line payments (Realex & Paypoint) to debtors ledger
- Help with reconciliation of key debtor accounts
- Reconcile Bank payments to supplier accounts
- Weekly & Monthly Bank Reconciliations (incl Forex)
- Update Exchange Rates on a daily basis
- Closing Out procedures for Co ledgers
- Submit Monthly & Quarterly VAT returns
- European VAT returns including NOVI
- Assist with any general accounts/banks queriesRequirements:
- Qualifications & Experience - demonstrable IATI or similar accounting qualification and/ or at least 2 years' demonstrable experience in a similar role.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work as part of team as well as on own initiative.
- Ability to take accountability for your own actions.
- Excellent IT Skills with proven experience in Microsoft Packages.
- Extensive experience of excel spreadsheets, including data validation, formula, sorting and summarising data.
- Advanced knowledge of Sage packages.
- Ability to prioritise work, meet deadlines and work calmly under pressure - this will involve excellent organisation skills, ability to manage your time and diary effectively to achieve results.
- Excellent administration skills with demonstrable attention to detail.
- Professional and pro-active approach with a commitment to problem solving.
- Demonstrable commitment to confidentiality.
- Committed to good customer care - internal and external customers.
- Salary: £20k + per annum, based on experience
- Holiday Entitlement: 28 days pro rata, including statutory and public holidays
Why use Grafton? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.