Belfast City Centre
6 Month FTC
Grafton Recruitment is currently recruiting for an Accounts Clerk to join their long standing client.
This contract is initially for a 6 month period with a possibility of extension based right in the heart of Belfast city centre.
1. Take responsibility for the Fees Collection System for members including:
- Drafting and issuing reminder letters at the appropriate times.
- Using effective diary management pursue outstanding amounts with telephone calls and accurately record response and commitments.
- Resolving queries both internally and externally.
- Posting and allocating receipts.
- Producing reports and graphics to highlight the effectiveness of the Fees Collection System
2. When occasion requires, prepare the bank lodgments according to agreed procedures to ensure Cash Flow is maximized and the risks associated with retaining cash on the premises is minimised. This will include:
- Ensuring all cash receipts are agreed with the relevant reports and counter signed by the Finance Assistant
- Maintaining and updating the Cash Books and posting receipts to the appropriate Sales or Nominal ledger accounts.
3. Raise sales invoices as required and take responsibility for the reconciliation of batch totals
4. Provide back-up for the Finance Assistants when required and ensure knowledge and understanding of procedures is up to date at all times.
- Maintain a written procedure file for the areas for which this role is responsible and review and update it as required.
5. Deal with queries from Members and ensure a professional service is offered at all times. This will entail:
- Summarising expenditure
- Providing a breakdown of VAT paid
- Dealing with queries relating to Direct Debit payments
6. Deal with queries from external parties and provide information as requested.
7. Enter purchase invoices when required and take responsibility for agreeing batch totals and ensure successful monthly payments are made to suppliers.
8. Assist the Finance Assistant with credit control to ensure the Debtors Policy is adhered to and Cash Flow is maximized. This will include:
- Sending the appropriate warning letters according to the Debtors Policy after the specified period
- Dealing with queries relating to the amount outstanding and providing all relevant workings
- Reporting any defaulters to the Finance Assistant.
9. Assist with the filing of all Purchase, Sales and Nominal ledger reports to ensure information is readily available and easily accessible. This will include reviewing files during the summer recess and arranging secure disposal of any reports which have been held for more than 7 years.
10. Manage Petty Cash and ensure all expenditure is appropriately vouched according to the written procedures.
11. The employee will adhere to the Information Security Management systems employed by the client.
12. The duties and responsibilities highlighted in this Job Description are indicative and may vary over time. The Accounts Clerk should be capable of providing cover for each of the Finance Assistants with duties that could reasonably be expected to fall within the skillset of an Accounts Clerk.
- Post holders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and scope of the post held.
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday. To be available between 08.30 am and 19.30 pm depending on the business requirements of the day.
- 5 GCSE's including English & Math or equivalent
- Book-Keeping / Accounting qualification to at least GCSE or equivalent standard
- A minimum of 2 years experience (gained within the last 5 years) of working in a Finance Office
- A minimum of 2 years experience (gained within the last 5 years) of credit control and working to agreed procedures.
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of double entry book-keeping.
- Experience with data entry procedures
- Experience in use of Excel
**Short listed candidates will be required to complete an application form**
Why use Grafton? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
Please attach your CV below for consideration for the Attention of Katie Doyle
*** Please note that if you do not meet the essential criteria you will not be considered***