Accounts Payable | Banking | Dublin City Centre
Our Client, a leading Financial Services organisation, has an exciting opportunity for a Accounts Payable Analyst to join their expanding team. As part of their ambition to be Ireland's most helpful bank, they require the team member to be based in Dublin City Centre. This is a temporary role initially for 6 months.
The purpose of the role is to provide financial insight and decision support that adds value to the business. Actively support the Business Manager with responsibility for oversight of the program spend with the provision of timely, reliable and insightful financial analysis that will drive financial performance discussions for the Project.
- Supporting the Finance Manager through the preparation of detailed financial information to deliver both routine financial reporting processes and adhoc information requests
- To review and challenge business submissions and commentary around budget, and develop relationships with key contacts to improve the quality and timeliness of balance sheet
- Provide detailed analysis and reports to assist and improve performance management and take a proactive approach to resolving issues along with explanation of variances and commentary to enable effective decision-making
- Detailed modelling of staff costs and headcount including variance analysis of monthly spend to budgets
- Undertake monthly reconciliation of invoices and follow up on any discrepancies
- Raise Purchase Orders and monitor invoices raised against them
- Reconcile and challenge where necessary monthly operational expenditure based on staffing costs, expenses and general expenditure
- Follows and/or maintains operating procedures
- Provide finance support on other aspects of the project as required (business case preparation, financial inputs, queries on invoice payments etc.)
The Ideal Candidate Will Demonstrate The Following:
- Part qualified accountant (ACA / CIMA / ACCA) with 1+ years experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of International Accounting Standards
- Proven numerical / financial analysis skills
- Familiarity with high-level business drivers to enable suitable challenge to the business of any apparent inconsistencies
- Ability to work within a team interacting with all levels of Management and to deliver high quality outputs to tight timescales is essential
- Strong commercial focus and practical problem solving ability
- Analytic approach to problem solving with continuous improvement methodologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong focus on customer service
- Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel and Powerpoint
Due to the nature of this role, we will only be able to respond to applicants with the relevant experience as outlined above.
This role is a controlled function as defined by the Central Bank Reform Act 2010 Regulations 2011. Any appointee must meet the requirements as set out in the Fitness and Probity Standards issued by the Central Bank
As part of Pre-Employment Screening, we require to obtain regulated references for the last two years as proof of activity.
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
For all of our latest opportunities, please go to www.graftonrecruitment.com
Thank you for taking the time to read the above, if you are interested in this role, please forward your CV to Lisa McCormack in the Swords Branch via the link.