Actuarial Model Development Associate
Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit an Actuarial Model Development Associate for a leading FinTech company based in Donegal.
The selected candidate will be part of the actuarial team responsible for supporting Actuarial colleagues in the USA. The Ireland team is experienced with the use of the Axis modeling platform.
- Works collaboratively with business partners throughout the organisation to support the development and maintenance of the Axis modeling platform which can be leveraged for many uses (Asset Adequacy Testing, Replicating Portfolio, Forecast, Capital Management, and Corporate Actuarial, etc.)
- Designs, builds, parameterises and supports the creation of a production environment for Individual Life modeling, helping to ensure a controlled and optimised modeling platform
- Builds and maintains model components for new individual life products and valuation and projection methodologies
- Partners to develop and refine Axis modeling needs in support of product development, pricing and product management for the Individual Life business
- Ensures adherence to appropriate corporate governance, controls, and documentation policies/procedures
- Supports compliance with emerging Enterprise and regulatory standards and guidelines for Actuarial models
The ideal candidate would have:
- Experience with actuarial modeling software required. Examples of actuarial modeling software include AXIS, MG-ALFA, PolySystems etc. Experience with AXIS is a plus
- Knowledge of industry knowledge and experience, focusing on individual life products, valuation and asset/liability management is preferred
- Strong technical skills (Excel, SQL, VBA)
- High level of self-motivation and ownership of results; ability to think outside the box to drive process improvements and effective model risk management process automation
- Strong organisational and teamwork skills
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong awareness of value and importance of controls
- Successfully passed 2 or more actuarial exams is desired
- 1+ years of experience in an actuarial field, model development, implementation and/or validation is desired
You will receive a fantastic package, the opportunity to work for a key player in the FinTech Industry.
Contact Details & Deadline
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Jonathan McConnell at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.