Grafton Specialist Recruitment is working with this global financial services group to recruit an Actuarial Modelling & Valuations Associate to operate from their Letterkenny office.
The company provide financial products and services to both retail and institutional customer in over 30 countries globally.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Actuary with a strong desire to see the big picture for a rapidly growing, strategically critical, and high impact reinsurance company. The main responsibilities of this role will be to execute implementation of model development related to new reinsurance transactions. This may include development using excel based tools, tools utilising R language, and other actuarial valuation software to produce tools for valuation and reporting deliverables.
- Contribute to successful development of modelling tools to implement reporting processes and operating model for a newly established multi-billion-dollar affiliate reinsurance company's Stat, GAAP, Tax, and Capital reporting deliverables. Responsibilities will cover tools to support Valuation, Forecast, and Stress Testing.
- Work closely with Actuarial teams supporting new transactions and various other stakeholders across the Finance and Investment community to ensure the tools developed support the Valuation, forecast and capital needs and to ensure proper implementation of Valuation methodologies.
- Support development of cell testing tools to validate model calculations.
- Develop model documentation and provide support for the Model Risk Governance review process.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (or the UK Institute of Actuaries) designation (FSA/FIA), or near-FSA with at least 5 years of actuarial experience.
- Programming experience, preferably with the R language, is a plus.
- Superior technical skills (Excel, SQL, VBA).
- Strong organizational and teamwork skills.
- Highly motivated, conceptual thinker who is able to work independently and take a leadership role in a variety of assignments.
- Strong quantitative and analytics skills, including the ability to understand concepts and assess situations in a timely manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative problem solver.
- Highly competitive basic salary.
- Private medical insurance.
- Flexible working.
- Free on-site parking.
- Subsided canteen.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Financial Services, Insurance, Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.