Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Administrative Officer - HR to start ASAP for a duration of 2 Months.
Location: Belfast, BT1
Pay rate: £8.21pr hr - first 12 weeks
£10.90 after 12 weeks
The job holder will assist and support the HR department by undertaking administration tasks and projects vital to the successful operation of the department and to provide an efficient and effective service to internal and external customers.
The Job Holder will be responsible for the following areas and activities:
- Manage end-to-end recruitment process from advertising using the appropriate methods, through to issuing all letters from not shortlisted, invite to interview, not successful and offer of employment letters.
- Conduct pre-employment checks including eligibility to work, Access NI, and medical clearance etc.
- On completion of each recruitment campaign ensure all paper work including required Equality Commission documentation has been completed and filed accordingly.
- Administer the induction process for all new starts.
- Monitor absence and attendance process documentation and reports in line with the managing attendance policy in order to support management with the administration required to manage attendance and carry out back to work interviews.
- Ensure all monthly departmental absence returns arrive into the department on time, collate absence details and enter the information onto the absence management section of the computerised HR System.
- Prepare absence statistics within the deadlines for TNI's Senior Management Team, the Board.
- Collate monthly salary details e.g. new employee information, leavers information, notification of salary adjustments, deputising allowances, sick pay etc.
- Process pension details for all staff.
- Notify payroll of amendments, ensuring they are authorised by the Human Resources Officer within the deadlines to comply with accounting periods.
Learning and Development
- Adhere to Tourism NI's Learning and Development Policy.
- Maintain Learning and Development spreadsheet to ensure that the necessary paperwork is completed and processed in line with TNI's policy.
HR System (Computerised and Manual)
- Manage the HR Systems to ensure the input and recording of employee data is recorded accurately and confidentially in employee files and kept up-to-date.
- Work with HR and CS Officer on the implementation of new HR system.
- Ensure that filing systems are maintained and updated regularly, including the management of both manual and computerised data and ensure that records are maintained in line with the organisation wide EDRM (Electronic
- Document Record Management) system and General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) requirements.
- To be first point of contact for day-to-day HR queries in a timely manner, and escalating queries to the HR Manager as and when necessary.
- Collate, maintain and update data and information for use in statistical reports.
- Assist colleagues across the Team with the preparation of relevant documentation as and when required.
- On occasion produce and maintain rota management of the TNI switchboard.
- Assist with the preparation of project documentation relevant to the work of the Department. This will involve the administration of sensitive and confidential information.
- Any other relevant duties required by Tourism NI management.
ESSENTIAL CRITERIA - EDUCATION/QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
5 GCSE O'Levels at Grades A-C to include English Language and Mathematics or equivalent.
2 years' experience of working in an administrative role in an office environment including dealing with confidential material OR 5 years' experience working in an administrative role in an office environment including dealing with confidential material.
- CIPD Level 3 Foundation Certificate in Human Resource Practice.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £26/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you