Our public sector client in the Ballymena area are looking to recruit a temporary Administrative Assistant to join their team.
Main Purpose of the Job:
Provision of a wide -ranging professional and confidential administrative support service to the Property services maintenance team with regard to all aspects of the service area
Ensure day-to-day administrative activities are completed on time and to a high standard of accuracy and quality
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provision of general secretarial/administrative support to assigned senior staff within Property Services Maintenance, to include maintaining diaries and scheduling meetings, screening telephone calls and emails, respond to routine internal correspondence and prepare outgoing mail taking appropriate actions as required.
- Provision of a general administration service to the Property Services Maintenance function including word processing, maintenance of spreadsheets and databases, PowerPoint presentations, photocopying and scanning, localised filing systems and dealing with general enquires from the public.
- Devise and maintain office systems to deal with the flow and storage of files and information both electronically and hard copy in compliance with auditing procedures.
- Collate and produce management information and reports as directed.
- Attend meetings, as required, to take notes, compile and agree minutes, noting attendance and follow up to identify/prioritise and action matters which require attention.
- Coordinate courses/seminars and take lead responsibility for booking venues/accommodation, arrangement of catering/equipment/travel and responsible for delegate registration.
- Support the team to comply with financial systems, e.g. processing orders, coding invoices, setting up new codes and ensuring invoices processed by payment deadlines.
- Deal with queries from the public and relevant stakeholders in respect of areas of service delivery, including dealing with complaints in line with the customer complaints policy.
- Assist with production and delivery of all associated documents/material required when liaising with the Procurement Service in relation to any requirements within the Property Services Maintenance Department.
- Provide cover or additional resources for other employees in the department in respect of meeting deadlines or when additional resources need to be applied to any specific duty of the department.
- Carry out other appropriate duties as may be allocated, including interchange of duties to cover leave, sickness and employee vacancies within other facilities.
- Participate in the formulation, implementation and evaluation of the Department Business Plan and relevant Service Plans responding to changing trends and citizen needs.
- Achieve high standards of personal performance, through meeting agreed personal targets and undertaking planned programmes of professional development.
- Examine opportunities to gain inefficiencies and improve effectiveness including collaborative partnerships, joint working and other innovative approaches to achieve best value in the use of public money.
- Have a minimum of 5 GCSE's to include English Language and Maths (Grade C +) or equivalent qualifications to demonstrate literacy and numeracy
- Be able to demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples a minimum of two years (4 years if criteria 1 is not met) administrative experience in a busy office environment to include: the ability to deal effectively with large volumes of work
- Be able to demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples a minimum of two years (4 years if criteria 1 is not met) administrative experience in a busy office environment to include: successfully prioritising competing demands
- A qualification that demonstrates competency in working with office technology, i.e word processing or typing
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office to include: Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook