Our public sector client in the Ballymena area are looking to recruit a full time temporary Administrative Assistant to join their team. The role is Mon-Fri 9am-5pm
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The post holder will carry out administrative support functions within the Refuse/ Street Cleansing/ Public Conveniences and Waste Management section of the Operations Department.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Involvement in the day-to-day activities and administrative procedures and issues dealt with by the department.
- Deal directly with members of the public, council departments, councillors, external agencies, commercial businesses, charity & voluntary sectors and act as a point of contact to effectively communicate information with regard to the Operational Services Department and the facilities therein.
- Monitor e-mail of Waste Operations dealing promptly, tactfully and initiating responses accordingly.
- Respond to Waste Operations correspondence including compilation and distribution.
- Deal with the production of worksheet/enquiry sheets for operational staff on a regular basis.
- Assist in the management of a comprehensive filing system and records system of the Operational services Department, ensuring good house keeping of records.
- Assist in the update and maintenance of the departments CRM, liaising with appropriate departments & individuals re: new development, commercial premises & household details.
- Assist with establishment and maintenance of new administrative management systems and databases as appropriate.
- Liaison with external agencies re: servicing of Amenity site & recycling facilities and other requests as and when required.
- Ad-hoc administrative and support duties requested by Waste Manager & Supervisors including report writing, e-mails forwarding messages where applicable.
- Provide cover or additional resources for other employees in the Section in respect of meeting deadlines or when additional resources need to be applied to any specific duty of the section/department.
- Adhere to and comply with all policies and procedures relevant to this role, including arrangements for health and safety and risk management.
- Participate in the formulation, implementation and evaluation of the Department Business Plan and relevant Service Plans responding to changing trends and citizen needs.
- Achieve high standards of personal performance, through meeting agreed personal targets and undertaking planned programmes of professional development.
- Examine opportunities to gain efficiency's and improve effectiveness including collaborative partnerships, joint working and other innovative approaches to achieve best value in the use of public money.
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs to include English Language and Maths (Grace C or above) or equivalent
- Have one years administrative experience in a busy environment , to include; the ability to deal efficiently with large volumes of work, prioritising demands
Alternatively consideration may be given to candidates who do not possess the required educational qualifications but who can demonstrate 3 years experience in a busy office environment to include, the ability to deal efficiently with large volumes of work, prioritising demands
A qualification that demonstrate competency in working with office technology i.e. Word Processing or Typewriting
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook