Our public sector client in the Ballymena area are looking to recruit a full time temporary Administrative Assistant to join their team. The role is Mon-Fri 9am-5pm
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Provision of a wide-ranging, professional and confidential administrative support service to the Property Services Maintenance team with regard to all aspects of the service area.
Ensure day-to-day administrative activities are completed on time and to a high standard of accuracy and quality.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provision of general secretarial/administrative support to assigned senior staff within Property Services Maintenance, to include maintaining diaries and scheduling meetings, screening telephone calls and emails, respond to routine internal correspondence and prepare outgoing mail taking appropriate actions as required.
- Provision of a general administration service to the Property Services Maintenance function including word processing, maintenance of spreadsheets and databases, PowerPoint presentations, photocopying and scanning, localised filing systems and dealing with general enquires from the public.
- Devise and maintain office systems to deal with the flow and storage of files and information both electronically and hard copy in compliance with auditing procedures.
- Collate and produce management information reports as directed.
- Attend meetings, as required, to take notes, compile and agree minutes, noting attendance and follow up to identify/prioritise and action matters which require attention.
- Coordinate courses/seminars and take lead responsibility for booking venues/accommodation, arrangement of catering/equipment/travel and responsible for delegate registration.
- Support the team to comply with financial systems, e.g. processing orders, coding invoices, setting up new codes and ensuring invoices processed by payment deadlines.
- Deal with queries from the public and relevant stakeholders in respect of areas of service delivery, including dealing with complaints in line with the customer complaints policy.
- Assist with production and delivery of all associated documents/material required when liaising with the Procurement Service in relation to any requirements within the Property Services Maintenance Department.
- Provide cover or additional resources for other employees in the department in respect of meeting deadlines or when additional resources need to be applied to any specific duty of the department.
- Carry out other appropriate duties as may be allocated, including interchange of duties to cover leave, sickness and employee vacancies within other facilities.
- Adhere to and comply with all policies and procedures relevant to this role, including arrangements for health and safety and risk management.
- Participate in the formulation, implementation and evaluation of the Department Business Plan and relevant Service Plans responding to changing trends and citizen needs.
- Achieve high standards of personal performance, through meeting agreed personal targets and undertaking planned programmes of professional development.
- Examine opportunities to gain efficiencies and improve effectiveness including collaborative partnerships, joint working and other innovative approaches to achieve best value in the use of public money.
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs to include English Language and Maths (Grace C or above) or equivalent
- Have one years administrative experience in a busy environment , to include; the ability to deal efficiently with large volumes of work, prioritising demands
Alternatively consideration may be given to candidates who do not possess the required educational qualifications but who can demonstrate 3 years experience in a busy office environment to include, the ability to deal efficiently with large volumes of work, prioritising demands
A qualification that demonstrate competency in working with office technology i.e. Word Processing or Typewriting
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook