Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Administrative Officer to start ASAP for a duration of 8 Months
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £8.21 per hour
13+ week's £10.90 per hour
Location: Newtownards, BT23 and Downpatrick BT30
Hours: 37 per week (9-5)
- 5 GCSE/CSE passes (at A,B or C) / CSE Grade 1 passes one of which must be English (language) or recognised equivalent of higher qualification
- Comprehensive experience using Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Power Point
- Answering, processing or redirecting where necessary a range of telephone queries from internal and external customer/public, whilst responding appropriately, professional and specifically to customer needs. Recording accurate message, identifying and referring urgent messages as needed.
- Receiving all visitors to office, responding appropriately to customer needs. Notifying appropriate member of staff in a timely manner. Providing hospitality i.e. coffee/tea as required.
- Recording and processing incomng mail in a timely manner. Preparation of outgoing mail in a timely manner. Operation of postage imprest.
- Typing of all required work which may include pre-sentence reports, management reports, routine letters/memos, Board papers, minutes, forms e-mails etc. This may include preparation of presentations using Excel or PowerPoint.
- Carry out general office duties; monitoring stock levels of stationery and office equipment and processing of requisitions for the same in an efficient manner. Maintenance of cash books in line with organisational standards. Photocopying, filing and upkeep of office systems. Arranging appointments and maintaining diaries.
- Maintaining, updating and creation of appropriate filing systems for total office needs including confidential files. Checking, maintaining and updating records.
- Inputting accurate computer/database records and maintenance of same.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland