Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Administrative Officer to start ASAP for a duration of 7 Months (initially)
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £8.21 per hour
13+ week's £10.89 per hour
Location: Newtownards and Downpatrick, BT23 & BT30
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm)
- Five GCSE/GCE passes (at A, B or C) / CSE Grade 1 passes one of which must be English (Language) or recognised equivalent or higher qualification.
- Comprehensive experience of using Microsoft Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Answering, processing or redirecting where necessary a range of telephone queries from internal and external customers/public, whilst responding appropriately, professional and specifically to customer needs. Recording accurate messages, identifying and referring urgent messages as needed.
- Receiving all visitors to office, responding appropriately to customer needs. Notifying appropriate member of staff in a timely manner. Providing hospitality ie tea/coffee as required.
- Recording and processing incoming mail in a timely manner. Preparation of outgoing mail in a timely manner. Operation of postage imprest.
- Typing of all required work which may include pre-sentence reports, management reports, routine letters/memos, Board papers, minutes, forms, e-mails etc. This may include preparation of presentations using Excel or PowerPoint.
- Carry out general office duties; monitoring stock levels of stationery and office equipment (reporting any faults or requests for servicing) and processing of requisitions for the same in an efficient manner. Maintenance of cash books in line with organizational standards. Photocopying, filing and upkeep of office systems. Arranging appointments and maintaining diaries.
- Maintaining, updating and creation of appropriate filing systems for total office needs, including confidential files. Checking, maintaining and updating records.
- Inputting accurate computer/database records and maintenance of same.
- Within guidelines set by the Board and/or manager operate data collection system(s) ensuring accurate update of records for provision of valid and reliable information. Conduct information gathering to ensure all queries are managed in a timely and comprehensive manner.
- When required to undertake the Fire Warden role and carry out tasks as necessary, for example, fire alarm tests, fire drills, emergency lighting etc. When required to undertake the role of First Aid Appointed Person unless exceptional circumstances apply. (These duties may be added to or revised as necessary. Training is provided for both roles).
- Maintaining and updating professional knowledge by identification of own training and development needs, updating practice and attending relevant training courses, as agreed with line manager.
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade and as required by the nature of the role. The nature and the balance of duties may vary between teams.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland