Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Administrative Officer to start ASAP for a duration of 4 months (initially)
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £8.21 per hour
13+ week's £10.89 per hour
Location: Belfast, BT1
Hours: Monday- Friday 9:00am- 5:00pm (37hours)
- Must have 5 GCSE grade C including English and Maths.
- Must have a minimum of 1 years of experience - In a customer facing environment and must have completed general administrative duties in an office environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Organisational and planning skills and the ability to work under pressure to tight time-scales and manage competing work priorities;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team and contribute to an environment of continuous improvement;
- Answer telephone calls coming into the Office's main line (requiring rota cover from 9-5pm);
- Meeting and greeting visitors to the Office;
- Opening post/ emails received in the Office/Ombudsman's inbox, determining any associated action/ diverting it to the intended recipient;
- Opening new case files and reopening closed case files both in hard copy and on the case handling system;
- Filing hard copy files and retrieving files from the admin section as required;
- Preparing and maintaining case files and electronic case records in line with office policy and procedure
- Provide ongoing administrative support to Investigating Officers to include making telephone and simple written enquiries of complainants, MLAs and public bodies, arranging meetings as required, typing, photocopying etc;
- Undertake casework duties as required.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by management.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland