Adult Residential Support Worker
Salary: £17,013 per annum (Annual pay increase/Pension/Sick Pay Scheme)
Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained exclusively to recruit Adult Residential Support Workers based in Holywood.
Opened in September 1954, Glencraig was the first Camphill Community established in Northern Ireland. Camphill Community Glencraig's main aim is to care for and support each individual's unique potential, fostering choice, self esteem and independence. Camphill is also set in a stunning, picturesque environment spanning around 100 acres of land, offering something completely different and unique in the sector.
You will work as part of a community with the purpose of meeting the physical, psychological, emotional and social needs of young adult with disabilities and challenging behaviour whilst embracing and further developing the life sharing model and ethos adopted by Glencraig.
- Ensure that all work within the adult community is person centered and upholds the principles of respect, privacy, dignity, fulfillment, independence and choice
- Support residents in the adult houses, workshops and the wider community
- Deliver individual programs of support, for example, social and domestic help, personal hygiene and community living skills designed to enhance and maximise the capabilities and independence of the residents.
- Follow the resident's individual care and support plan and report any changes in, or concerns about the resident to their line manager
- Assist house coordinators with the assessment of residents' needs.
- Participate in monitoring and reviewing individual resident's skills and needs
- As part of the team establish goals with residents on an individual basis to ensure the effective utilization of the individual's abilities.
- Participate in supporting the strengths and needs of the residents.
- Ensure that medication is held, stored and administered in accordance with Camphill Community Glencraig's medication policy.
- Ensure resident's opinions, suggestions, feelings and wishes are listened to and their personal affairs dealt with in a sensitive manner.
- NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care and 6 months experience of providing care/support in a paid or voluntary setting
- 1 years experience of providing care/support in a paid or voluntary setting without an NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care
- Effective communication skills, basic numeracy and literacy skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and ability to work under pressure
- Be comfortable with provision of personal care
- Full flexibility to cover a variety of shifts that will include evenings, weekends and unsocial hours on a rota basis
You will receive the opportunity to work for one of Northern Ireland's most established charities as well as the opportunity to develop your career in an inclusive community based environment.
Contact Details & Deadline
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Wes McCullough at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV. You can also contact Wes on 02896 913 692.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland