Our client in the Newtownabbey area are looking to recruit a full time temporary Affordable Warmth Project Officer.
As a member of the Environmental Health Team, the post holder will be expected to contribute to the delivery of Environmental Health Services which are customer focused, innovative and best value for money.
Be responsible to the Affordable Warmth Co-ordinator for the effective and efficient delivery of the Affordable Warmth programme in the Antrim and Newtownabbey areas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To undertake programmed household surveys across the Antrim and Antrim and Newtownabbey areas.
Assist in the preparation, planning and administration of the survey work.
To report to the Affordable Warmth Co-ordinator on a daily and weekly basis as required, providing updates and identifying any issues of concern.
To assist in the effective delivery of the programme and development of procedures as required to ensure compliance with the Department for Social Development Project Operational Procedures.
To liaise with the Environmental Health and Building Control Departments in Antrim and Newtownabbey as required, to ensure the smooth running of the Survey Programme.
To maintain all records as required, ensuring all data collected is securely held in accordance with Data Protection requirements.
Attend Project Team Meetings to update and report on survey progress and associated issues.
To ensure that all procedures are correctly adhered to and such records are maintained in the fulfilment of these requirements.
To assist with the development of publicity materials and organisation of public information events as required.
To attend public, community and other group meetings as required, giving advice and support and promoting awareness of relevant programmes and opportunities as necessary.
To liaise with a range of project stakeholders, including the general public, other statutory and voluntary bodies.
Undertake training under the direction of the Affordable Warmth Co-ordinator, as required to fulfil the functions of the post and enhance the service delivery of the Department and undertake continuing professional development so as to maintain, improve and broaden knowledge and skills and develop personal qualities.
Undertake such other duties as directed by the Affordable Warmth Co-ordinator, and in line with the general nature of the post.
To co-operate as far as necessary to conform and comply with any duty or requirement imposed as a result of any law which may be in force regarding health and safety and any other statutory requirements.
To undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time
Ensure that the requirements of Equal Opportunities Policy are applied throughout the section.
- A minimum of 1 year's experience in the following: dealing directly with the members of the public in a customer service capacity, including those in vulnerable situations (e.g. elderly, on low incomes, with disabilities etc) Giving advice, support and promoting awareness of a programme/scheme or initiative.
- Survey Work
- Dealing with confidential/sensitive information
- Knowledge of the issues facing Local Government in Northern Ireland and the public's expectations of council services
- IT literacy to include experience of Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, Access or any other database application.
- Full current driving licence and /or access to a form of transport to enable the duties of the post to be carried out in full
- A third level qualification
- Knowledge and understanding of the ossies around fuel poverty/energy efficiency