Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Civil Service to recruit a temporary AG5 Senior Accountant to start ASAP for a duration of 6 weeks initially
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £14.50
13+ week's £19.13
Location: East Belfast
Hours: 37 hours
- 1. successfully completed the professional examinations and be a full, current member of one of the Consultative Committee of Accountancy Bodies listed below:
- a) the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants;
- b) the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland;
- c) the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland;
- d) the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales;
- e) the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants;
- f) the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy.
- 2. at least two years' post qualification* direct experience of preparing annual resource and/or accrual accounts for a public, commercial of voluntary sector organisation on an IFRD basis; AND
- 3. at least two years' experience of preparing, managing and monitoring budgets and reporting on the allocation of resources for a public, commercial or voluntary sector organisation; AND
- 4. Experience of maintaining and developing core IT based financial and/or management accounting systems to assist in the production of financial reports.
- A detailed working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets is also essential. Ideally the candidate will have completed an advanced Excel training course.
- Full production of the Commission's Interim (Dec) and Annual (March) Resource Accounts under the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);
- Supervision of all monthly accounting procedures;
- Preparation and presentation of the monthly management accounts and reports. This includes the preparation of weekly and monthly reports, meeting internal budget managers to discuss forecasts and variance analysis, and preparing the monthly management accounts paper for the Secretariat Management Group (SMG)
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations;
- Maintenance of Fixed Asset Register, supervision of Fixed Asset stocktake in preparation of implementation of new computerised fixed asset management system;
- Assisting with the preparation of in-year Department of Finance (DoF) monitoring and estimate returns;
- Contract management of the support services contract for the Finance Office software packages (SUN, PECOS and ITRENT);
- Acting as liaison officer with Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (HMRC) on all matters of tax compliance (VAT, PAYE, Employee Benefits etc);
- Provision of high quality, reliable, accurate and timely financial information, technical advice or advice on policies, to internal and external stakeholders;
- Line management of Book-keeping team and/or Members Financial Services team, who often have to work to tight deadlines;
- Developing IT systems to support financial management and reporting processes;
- The management, development and implementation of any ad-hoc financial exercises or projects within the Finance Office;
- Any other duties that the Assembly Commission may reasonably require.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £26/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Coleen Lavery will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland