Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Agricultural Economist to start ASAP for a duration of 1 Year.
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £12.00 per hour
13+ week's £15.81 per hour
Location: Belfast, BT9
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm)
- Provide research support on an interreg project (Source to Tap) which is undertaking an economic assessment of a water improvement scheme and on-going environmental economics research projects including looking at behaviour change. The main duties of the post will include the following:
- Assist with literature reviews;
- To assist in data collection and analysis within the agricultural and water industries and the public;
- Contribute to the transfer of scientific results to appropriate stakeholders as well as dissemination of research findings through peer reviewed publications, reports and knowledge exchange events;
- Undertake continuous personal development, including participation in relevant workshops and conferences, thus maintaining up to date specialist knowledge;Fulfil other duties and responsibilities as determined by senior management that fall within the general responsibilities of the post.
Knowledge of economics (including behavioural economics and game theory),
- Undertaking economic literature reviews
- Collecting and analysing socio-economic data from industry and the public.
- Effectively communicating with line management, colleagues and stakeholders (inc. members of public and farmers) with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm.
- Delivering timely results and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland