Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Agricultural Economist to start ASAP for a duration of 6 Months (initially)
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £12.00per hour
13+ week's £15.87per hour
Location: Belfast, BT9
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm) - minimum of 20 hours per week.
- Knowledge of freshwater water based ecosystems and their links to human well-being; in particular from the perspectives of economics and/or ecology and/or psychology;
- Collecting and analysing socio-economic data in a research project.
- Experience of working with GIS
- Effectively communicating with line management, colleagues and stakeholders (inc. members of public and farmers) with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm.
- Delivering timely results and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes.
- To assist in, and undertake, socio-economic data collection (quantitative and qualitative through focus groups, experiments and questionnaires) and analysis;
- To build and maintain partnerships, collaborations and relationships with relevant stakeholders and project partners;
- Contribute to the transfer of scientific results to appropriate stakeholders as well as dissemination of research findings through peer reviewed publications, reports and knowledge exchange events;
- Undertake continuous personal development, including participation in relevant workshops and conferences, thus maintaining up to date specialist knowledge;
- Fulfil other duties and responsibilities as determined by senior management that fall within the general responsibilities of the post.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland