Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Civil Service to recruit a temporary Agricultural Inspector to start ASAP for a duration of 4 Months with possibility of extension
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £10.00
13+ week's £14.01
Location: Various locations of Northern Ireland - See below**
Larne Harbour, Belfast City/International Airport,
- Access to a form of transport which will permit the requirements of the post to be met in full is essential.
- The qualifications required are passes at Grade A, B, or C in GCE/GCSE Ordinary Level examinations in 4 subjects which must include English and one science subject (defined as Chemistry, Biology, Physics or Single, Double or Triple award science) ;
- At least one of the following:
- a National Diploma in Agriculture; OR
- an Advanced National Certificate in Agriculture; OR
- National Certificate in Agriculture and a National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) Level 3 Qualification in Agriculture or Livestock Production; OR
- a National Certificate in Agriculture and a College Diploma in Agriculture with relevant formal qualifications considered to be of an equivalent or higher standard to those stated will also be considered
- Prevention of Epizootic disease by carrying out inspections on imported livestock, companion animals and animal products
- Inspections of Products of Animal Origin from Third countries at the Border Inspection Posts.
- Implementation of contingency plans at times of epizootic disease
- Welfare Inspections during transport to ensure compliance with EU Regulation 1/2005.
- Passenger checks for personal imports at airports
- Provision of portal inspection cover elsewhere as required by Portal Management.
***Prior to being offered an appointment, the successful candidates must have undergone Tuberculosis and Brucellosis medical assessments to ensure their suitability to undertake the full range of duties of the post.***
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £26/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Coleen Lavery will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland