Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Civil Service to recruit a temporary Agriculture Lecturer - Grade III to start ASAP for a duration of up to 4 Months.
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £9.25
13+ week's £15.67
Hours: 37 hours
- At least a Pass degree, or an equivalent qualification in the relevant subject as listed below or in a closely related subject;
- Areas of expertise in agriculture;
- To deliver on these specific subject areas staff must be technically knowledgeable in the areas above
Report to the Course Manager and the main duties of the post will include:
- To plan and deliver lectures, tutorials and seminars to cover the curriculum of the City and Guilds Level 2 Farm Animal Production and Level 3 Dairy Production Units
- To plan and deliver lectures on Animal production to Level 3 final year Agriculture students and to supervise final year Level 3 students in their investigative project.
- To monitor and review student progress on work experience
- To record/evaluate student performance and provide feedback.
- Education/training/lifelong learning sessions in line with required standards;
- Preparing information handouts/teaching materials required to develop the students/trainees/lifelong learning participants in the skills and knowledge relating to the subject area;
- Planning, marking and recording assessments within agreed deadlines;
- Assessing the ability of the student/trainee/lifelong learning participants;
- Evaluating assessment results and providing feedback to students/trainees/ lifelong learning programme participant
- Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety Codes of Practice and other College protocols at all times; and
- Attending all meetings as required associated with the management of the course and provide feedback to programme managers as appropriate.
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete a Enhanced Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Shauna McGrath will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**