This international law firm have been providing a wide range of services to their clients across the globe for over 40 years.
Grafton Specialist Recruitment is working with them to recruit a AML Coordinator to operate form their Belfast office.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Compliance Officer to gain autonomy and with the firms compliance standards and oversight and to develop their career and gain experience in this niche, fast paced firm.
- Undertake day-to-day compliance activities in line with AML obligations
- Provide all aspects of support to the Firm, its Partners and offices with regard to the AML/KYC function within New Business Intake (NBI)
- Diligently review and assess the AML and reputational risks associated with all new client and matter requests submitted via the Firm's intake system (Intapp) in order to perform KYC / CDD
- Perform detailed investigations to identify presence of Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs) or Closely Related Associates (CRAs), Adverse Media and Sanctions, utilising a number of trusted industry sources (such as World-Check, D&B, Hoovers, Lexis Nexis), providing a concise rationale for false or positive 'match' decisions
- Conduct independent verification of client due diligence information using additional research methods
- Make sound and educated decisions regarding the existence and validity of possible AML, Sanctions or reputational concerns and complete subsequent follow up activities
- Conduct thorough beneficial ownership investigations in order to provide results to local offices and ensure compliance with Firm policies and procedures
- Thoroughly document research and analysis completed on clients and/or matters in a manner suitable for review by internal and external stakeholders e.g. Regulators, Audit, Risk and Compliance
- Provide results of screening and client due diligence undertaken to offices at agreed frequencies and work to address any CDD concerns
- Periodically evaluate existing client profiles in order to keep client files up-to-date
- Conduct enhanced due diligence and monitoring of higher risk relationships
- Review results of ongoing screening and monitoring activities to determine if further action or escalation is required, clearly documenting results and decisions made
- Assist with any other AML Compliance related matters or projects as identified and assigned by the AML Compliance Manager
- Assist with developing training materials, team standards, presentations and courses on AML compliance awareness
- Engage and collaborate with team members through the presentation of ideas and recommendations regarding best practice, continuous improvement, departmental processes, policies and procedures
- Bachelor's degree required (2:1 or above preferred)
- Strong understanding of AML/CTF requirements and financial crime risks associated with the range of services in the legal industry
- Good relevant AML experience
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Experience of AML/KYC/Due Diligence processes and systems
- Experience with AML monitoring and screening
- Ability to manage processes efficiently, with accuracy and attention to detail
- A recognized AML/Compliance qualification is desirable but not essential
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong decision making capabilities
- Team player adaptable to fast-paced and changing environment
- Good planning, time management and prioritisation skills
- Ability to work independently and also to liaise with other departments
- Must have good knowledge of Microsoft office applications and other productivity tools (Intapp knowledge is an advantage)
- Flexibility to work a reasonable shifting schedule is required
- Exceptional problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Ability to contribute ideas for process improvements and adapt easily to procedural changes
- Positivity and the adoption of a solution-based approach in all aspects of work
- Competitive salary.
- Discretionary bonus.
- Private medical insurance.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Financial Services, Insurance, Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.