Our client requires an experienced Analytical Technician to work on their Craigavon site on a temporary assignment.
Hours per week - 40
Work pattern - Flex40.
Pay per hour - £9.13
Support the management of reference standards used within the analytical department, including but not limited to delivery/collection, maintaining and compiling inventories and sub-division of standards.
Perform other laboratory duties as required in support of GMP and non-GMP analytical project work. Including:
- Wash and maintain glassware stocks
- Maintain and order laboratory consumables
- Administrational tasks such as ordering and making logbooks
- Recording Laboratory Temperatures
- Maintain cleanliness and organisation in the laboratories
- Set up, calibrate and maintain laboratory equipment
- Archiving of documentation
- Receive and log analytical samples
- Prepare reagents, mobile phases and sample solutions in accordance with written documents
- Perform duties right-first-time.
- Take responsibility for allocated work.
- Be responsible for the management of own work schedule and provide regular updates to line manager and team members.
- Ensure that unplanned deviations (UPDs) are kept to a minimum and that your line manager is notified as soon as UPDs are generated.
- Ensure that any corrective or preventative action arising from UPDs is completed in full and within allocated timeframes.
- Make suggestions for the improvement of efficiency and/or reduction in operating costs within the Analytical Department and the wider company.
- Inform supervisor on a regular basis of progress and any circumstances that alter agreed timescales.
- Ensure that laboratory equipment remains in calibration and functions as required. Where this is not the case refer to the appropriate persons for action.
- Ensure that lab and write-up areas are maintained in an audit-ready condition at all times.
Perform other duties as may be deemed appropriate by the supervisor and that fall within the general remit of the post.
- GCSE (or equivalent) Grades A-C, in Mathematics and English Language
- Experience of working in a laboratory or in a quality control environment (such as those found in food or pharmaceutical industries).
- Basic level ability in the use of Microsoft Packages (Word, Excel etc)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proven ability to apply a meticulous approach to tasks undertaken
- Proven ability to organise and plan work both independently and in conjunction with team members
If interested in this role please upload your CV to the link provided and a member of the team will be in touch once shortlisting has been completed.