Anti-Money Laundering Service Lead
Anti-Money Laundering Service Lead
Location: Letterkenny, Co. Donegal
Salary: Highly Competitive
Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit an Anti-Money Laundering Service Lead based in Letterkenny.
- Performs comparative analysis between information on policies, accounts, contracts, and transactions versus a variety of sanctions or high-risk lists and/or basic AML/OFAC risks. Performs reviews related to client onboarding and transaction monitoring. Performs detailed analysis of potential and existing clients to identify high-risk criteria, document results.
- Monitors new or existing clients for potential suspicious activity, including transaction monitoring for money laundering, terrorist financing or fraud, and undertakes appropriate review including the drafting of resulting Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) and documents cases as appropriate.
- Exercises judgment and discretion in the process of identifying and resolving problems/issues in all cases based on AML/sanctions expertise and experience, and consideration of business line and products involved. Consult with business partner for guidance to appropriately disposition cases and/or further escalate to Director, where applicable.
- Provides AML/sanctions subject matter guidance to business areas by identifying problem situations, analyzing causes and recommending corrective action. Utilizes negotiating skills with business groups and field offices to obtain appropriate information/documentation to resolve cases.
- Performs other Anti-Money Laundering and sanctions compliance duties as required.
- Manage a small team of AML associates & provide on-site oversight and guidance for quality related control/work management to associates and lead the AML work stream.
- University Degree Preferred
- 4-6 years working experience of anti-money laundering and OFAC compliance/investigation reviews required (e.g., transaction monitoring, sanctions screening, case management), preferably in wealth management, broker dealer, insurance, or mutual funds industry
- Experience conducting complex investigations and analysis (CDD/KYC, PEP/AME, etc.)
- Experience with AML screening and case tools (e.g., Actimize. Mantas, etc.); strong computer skills including Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of anti-money laundering / sanctions compliance principles under BSA, Patriot Act, OFAC
- Experience with Mutual fund, Life Insurance, Annuities, and/or retail Broker/Dealer products highly preferred
- Excellent English verbal, written skills, and interpersonal skills to work mainly directly with US stakeholders
- Strong research, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work in a high-volume team environment and maintain quality of output
- Self-directed and motivated - ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and manage projects
- Must be flexible and adaptable to changing work requirements as a member of a dynamic team
- Legal/Regulatory/Control, counter-terrorist finance or anti-\fraud experience strong plus
- People management skills a plus
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in Ireland on a full-time basis.
You will receive a fantastic package, the opportunity to work for a key player in the industry and the opportunity to develop your career in a supportive environment.
Contact Details & Deadline
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Jamie at firstname.lastname@example.org at Grafton Recruitment OR call him on 02890323333
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland