Appeals Panel Member - Public Sector
Are you usually the voice of reason in Disputes? This might be the job for you! We are currently recruiting a casual appeals officer on behalf of our client who is a public sector body in Dublin city centre.
An Appeals Officer is a person appointed to consider an appeal. The Appeals Officer will be a member of an Independent Appeals Panel. You will be based on a panel and contacted as cases arise to give your unbiased opinion e.g. a grant has been refused and the person would like this appealed.
- Responsibility of ensuring that the decision is made on the appeal within the specified period of time.
- Responsibility for ensuring that the decision is communicated to the Appellant and Scheme Administrator as per the guidelines.
- Responsible for ensuring that the decision is within the parameters of the relevant support Act and associated legislation.
- Responsibility for deciding on Oral Hearings. Where the appeals officer decides to hold an oral hearing s/he will fix a date and place for the hearing, and give reasonable notice of the date, venue and time to the appellant and the scheme administrator.
- Ensure the guidelines for an Oral Hearing are followed and that the Appellant is notified of their rights.
- Complete reports and all related documentation to support the decision that has been made.
- Significant experience in an environment managing appeal processes including oral hearings.
- Relevant experience in a social care service setting or equivalent stakeholder relationship management setting would be an advantage.
- Understanding of GDPR requirements and the Data Protection Act.
- Experience of working on projects that require information gathering, prioritisation, planning, and resource allocation.
- Proficient in use of MS packages
- Full Flexibility! As this is a contract for service role. You will be an independent contractor thus will be able to decide if and when you would like to take up a new case.
- Located in Dublin City Centre
- Per diem rate
Why use Grafton?
We know that finding the right job can be challenging but we have the tools and resources to succeed. We are an established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary clients in multiple industry sectors in Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by the clicking the button or call Kaley Madden on 01 4505288.