Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Apprenticeships Trainer Assessors (Hospitaility; Business Administration; Team Leading & Management; Customer Service and Financial Services) to start ASAP for a duration of 3 Months (initially)
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £12.71 per hour
13+ week's £12.71 per hour
Location: Belfast, BT12 - will require travel across NI and ROI
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm)
- Applicants must hold a minimum of a level 3 qualification (e.g. NVQ level 3) in the professional and technical area(s) in which they are teaching/training*
- *NB: successful candidates will be required to possess a qualification at least one level higher than the qualification in which they are assessing.
- English GCSE at Grade C or above, OR Essential Skills level 2 (or higher) in Communication, or equivalent.
- Maths GCSE at Grade C or above, OR Essential Skills level 2 (or higher) in Numeracy, or equivalent
- Hold an Assessors Award (TAQA or A1/A2 equivalent
- EITHER hold, or be in the process of completing a Certificate in Teaching (CIT), OR give a commitment that you will undertake and complete the CIT qualification within two years of taking up the post.
- Have at least 1 years' assessing experience within the last 5 years, of working in your chosen area of specialism.
- Demonstrable experience of providing training in the chosen area of specialism.
- To develop and maintain relationships with employers to secure apprenticeship growth opportunities and to ensure a target caseload is achieved and maintained.
- To design and develop learning resources for the specific professional and technical area ensuring that technology enhanced learning is embedded where possible.
- To identify and capture employer training need requirements in order to ensure that tailored work based training is planned, delivered and assessed which meets the diverse requirements of the relevant professional and technical area.
- To ensure employers fully understand their roles and responsibilities to support the training process.
- To fully understand the operational requirements of ApprenticeshipsNI programmes, other funded projects and commercial training options available to employers.
- To develop a detailed working knowledge of the contractual requirements for the delivery and assessment of ApprenticeshipsNI programmes.
- To seek, receive, monitor and record all necessary documentation from employers, DFE and academic training and support staff to ensure completion of learner tracking, financial claims and associated compliance records.
- To engage with apprentices in the workplace to deliver teaching, learning and assessment towards their apprenticeship framework.
- To provide induction for learners to ensure awareness of correct procedures and requirements in line with the provision.
- To manage own learner caseload to ensure retention and timely achievement in line with BMET's SLA and performance targets.
- To complete learner reviews, provide feedback to relevant stakeholders and input progress updates into the college PTP and learner review tracking system.
- To provide a mentoring service in conjunction with other relevant personnel.
- To complete documentation on teaching, learning and assessment in line with College systems and awarding body requirements within designated timescales.
- To record all engagement with employers on the relevant College systems.
- To interact with teaching, training and support teams to ensure successful completion by learners within appropriate timeframes. To monitor attendance at directed training and report any non-compliance of learners within funding or assessment regulations.
- To comply with internal and external quality control mechanisms and internal and external verification and monitoring.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland