Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Archaeologist Curatorial E to start ASAP for a duration of 7 Months
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £9.50
13+ week's £15.67
- Assisting the Curatorial Grade D in the development and implementation of policy and procedures.
- Organisation and review of applications relating to archaeological sites and monuments.
- Providing professional advice to other government departments, local authorities and stakeholders about the management of archaeological resources.
- Inter-departmental working relationships and partnerships, including liaison with other heritage organisations to encourage a stronger links with them.
- The key duties that we need the post holder to deliver for State Care Heritage Branch are:
- Writing guidelines for the appropriate use of State Care monuments, a familiarity with ownership deeds and conservation records required for supporting conservation projects at State Care sites.
- Community outreach and assisting with activities and events at historic monuments while implementing changes to improve customer experience.
- Experience in these key areas of work is required.
- Providing professional advice on behalf of Historic Monuments Unit to other government departments and agencies, local authorities and non-governmental groups about the management of the archaeological resource, particularly in the context of development and land-use change;
- providing professional advice and progress reports to senior management on the protection, research, interpretation and presentation of archaeological sites and historic monuments in their areas, including sites of industrial heritage interest;
- assisting the Curatorial Grade D / Senior Archaeologist in the development and implementation of policy by carrying out targeted research and maintaining familiarity with policy developments, changing legislation and new initiatives elsewhere in the UK and Europe;
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £26/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Coleen Lavery will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland