ASIC Software Engineer
Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit an ASIC Software Engineer based in Antrim.
To provide expert guidance to SEL Research & Development personnel, management and commercial people, in the skill area of ASIC Software
We are seeking enthusiastic and creative ASIC Software Engineers to provide expert guidance to SEL Research & Development personnel, management and commercial people, in the skill area of ASIC Software. Main duties will include:
- Responsibility for creating specifications from customer and hardware requirements documentation
- Develop the required detail around the software specification working alongside systems, hardware and production engineers as well as customers.
- Develop the customer specific application software.
- Develop test harnesses to simulate software.
- Apply expert knowledge to resolve complex technical situations effectively and quickly.
- Assist with and take ownership of software process development.
- Provide support to other teams such as production, product support and quality
The candidate will be responsible for developing customer specific application software for that embedded microprocessor. The candidate should be aware or have experience in all stages of the software lifecycle/processes and have good analytical and problem solving skills. Knowledge of digital and analogue electronic circuitry is desirable. The candidate will also need to develop test harnesses to simulate software well so design/test experience using VHDL is also desirable. Although part of the Sensor Design Group, work will extend to cover all ASIC software activities as the need arises in any other team or department. You will be responsible for creating specifications from customer and hardware requirements documentation working alongside systems, hardware and production engineers as well as customers.
- You must possess a degree in Software Engineering (minimum 2:1) & 2 years industrial experience in a software design role.
- Ideally, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience in developing software (embedded, system or application) and/or VHDL design/verification. Willingness to travel as required to global offices and customer sites
You will receive a fantastic package, the opportunity to work for a key player in the industry and the opportunity to develop your career in a supportive environment.
Contact Details & Deadline
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to email@example.com at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland