Grafton Built Environment are working in partnership with a public sector organisation based in Belfast to hire an Assets Manager for their Response team on a permanent basis.
As Assets Manager, the successful applicant will manage and co-ordinate the organisations responsive maintenance team and assist the Director of asset management in the strategic delivery of a quality asset management service to the tenants. The Assets Manager will provide leadership and line management to the relevant Assets team to ensure a high quality service is delivered in accordance with the Association's policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership and line management for a response maintenance team and deliver an excellent tenant focused service.
- As a member of the Operational Management Team, participate in wider organisational activities including investigations and discipline hearings, quality initiatives etc., as and when required.
- Assist in the establishment of budgets and be responsible for designated budgets and providing forecasts of expenditure.
- Manage and monitor the performance of suppliers, contractors, consultants, and other delivery partners on a regular basis to ensure regulatory targets are met, quality of workmanship and service is maintained and a "value for money" service is provided.
- Deal with communications with the public including tenants, other professional and voluntary groups, statutory services and elected representatives necessary to the management of the area's stock.
- Champion a safe working environment where work practices of staff, contractors and suppliers fully comply with Health and Safety legislation.
- Assist in the procurement of technical goods, works and services in accordance with current regulatory requirements.
- Manage the response maintenance contractors ensuring that the service delivered is consistent with the requirements of the contract, taking corrective actions as necessary.
- Provide technical advice to all members of the Association's staff and tenants.
What you will being to the role:
- Ability to work on own initiative and team worker.
- Current knowledge of legislation and best practice in relation to asset management.
- Flexible approach to working hours.
- Ability to develop and promote a corporate approach to service delivery.
- Commitment to setting and promoting high standards of customer service.
- Relevant 3rd level qualification or equivalent in Quantity Surveying, Construction, Engineering, or Building Studies, and 3 years' relevant experience of maintenance and/or construction and project management at a supervisory level OR 5 years' relevant experience (as outlined)
- Relevant experience must include: Contract management, Performance monitoring in a client facing role, Responsibility for designated budgets and providing forecasts of expenditure, Procurement of technical works and/or services
- Experience of supervising staff which should include directing and delegating work and dealing with problems including identification and resolution
- Experience of constructing business cases, board reports and presentations
- IT literate with demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft Office to include excel, working with databases, spreadsheets, setting budgets
- Valid driving licence with access to a vehicle to meet the mobility requirements of the post
- A working knowledge and use of NEC forms of contract and a broad knowledge of NI public procurement regulations and their implementation
- Membership of an appropriate professional body e.g. RICS, CIOB, RIBA
- Experience in developing, reviewing and implementing policies and procedures consistent with statutory and regulatory requirements and best practice
- Knowledge and understanding of the Department of Communities (DfC) Guide
A fantastic opportunity to join a long standing organisation in Northern Ireland in the public sector to help deliver an exceptional service to their tenants and customers.
Please click on the link and upload your up to date CV or feel free to contact Kathryn Bennett at Grafton Specialist Recruitment for the Built Environment on 028 90 323 333 for more information or to express interest in the role.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.