Grafton recruitment is excited to be assisting our client in their search for an experienced asset officer to work alongside the asset manager in an ever growing housing association.
The post holder will assist the relevant Asset Manager in delivering a professional, technical and customer facing estates maintenance service, working flexibly and collaboratively with colleagues, proactively identifying areas for service improvement.
Depending on placement, the post holder will provide a service that may include response, planned, servicing and cyclical maintenance, adaptations to and the refurbishment of existing properties.
- Third level qualification (e.g. HNC, HND, Degree) in an Estate Management / Building Surveying / Construction / Engineering related discipline with 1 year's experience.
- A minimum of 5 GCSE or equivalent to include English and Maths grade C or above with 3 years role related practical experience (in the last 5 years) administering maintenance contracts in a housing environment.
- Experience of contract management and the use of NEC3 forms of contract.
- Technical experience of maintenance of large buildings and/or housing estates.
- Understanding of public procurement procedures.
- Understanding of social housing.
- Hold a full valid driving licence with access to a car or demonstrate the ability to meet the mobility requirements of the post.
- Experience of Housing Association maintenance work
- Application of Measured Term Contract for maintenance
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical components
- Knowledge of Regulations and procedures of Statutory Authorities e.g. DfC, NIHE, DfI, Local Councils etc.
- IT literate with demonstrable experience of Microsoft Office
- Effective analytic and problem solving skills
- Negotiating skills
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team
- Flexibility regarding working hours
Salary - £26,470+ ( Negotiable depending on qualifications and experience )
For further information please contact Graham on 02890242824 or submit your CV via the link.
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.