In partnership with a public sector Client Grafton Lisburn are recruiting for Assets Operator immediate start in Downpatrick.
Assets Operator will ensure effective and efficient operation of the wastewater assets in their area of responsibility to ensure compliance with all regulatory standards.
Salary: £22,143 per annum
Hours of Work: 37.5 hour per week
- Form an integral element of the Wastewater Services Operations Team i.e.:
- Process checks at delegated Waste Water Treatment Works.
- Process related pre-planned duties.
- Dealing with reactive process faults/alarms.
- Maintenance duties as required throughout area including low frequency non-process tasks
- Optimisation of wastewater assets including trouble shooting of faults.
- Policy Implementation and participation - Operation of Mobile Work Management and Lone worker/confined spaces systems.
- Provide operational cover for Assets Operator colleagues during absence periods.
- Ensure good time management of personal day to day activities.
- Actively contribute towards the achievement of team KPI's.
- Perform to clear and agreed personal goals, provide regular feedback on performance against these goals and ensure performance appraisals are completed.
- Ensure a high level of compliance and customer service is delivered.
- Responsible for active management and successful delivery of personal and career development plans.
- Ensure knowledge of waste water treatment process by attendance at relevant training.
- Finds opportunities to develop new ideas to solve problems or improve work practices and shares this information at Team Meetings and with Management.
- Maintain regular communication.
Applicants MUST be able to demonstrate in their application form and where necessary at interview:
2 GCSEs (or equivalent) in English and Maths at Grade C or above
A minimum of one years' experience working in operation and maintenance activities within the Utility Sector or Construction Industry OR A minimum of one years' experience in the operation and or / maintenance of a wastewater treatment plant or similar type treatment process in another Industry
Basic knowledge and experience of using computer applications such as Microsoft Outlook and Internet Explorer or similar.
Applicants must hold a full current driving licence enabling them to drive in Northern Ireland as successful applicants will be required to drive company vehicles.
Be medically fit to undergo any training in relation to confined space work.
A requirement to participate in an out of hours on-call and overtime rota as well as a requirement to work overtime; including weekends and public and privilege holiday and provide cover for others when the need arises.
To apply please click on the apply button or phone Gregory or Caitriona in Grafton Lisburn
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland