MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Carry out a range of professional property asset management services.
Handle the day to day management of the Council's operational property portfolio and deal with general enquiries as required to assist the delivery of operational services.
Assist in the implementation of the Council's Estate Strategy and Asset Management Plans.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Service Delivery
- Liaise with Council departments, elected members and members of the public on general queries on the Council's property portfolio and deal with any issues arising.
- Handle the day to day management of the Council's property portfolio including handling lease renewals, rent reviews, new lettings and wayleave agreements, to ensure best value to the Council.
- Compile and maintain data on the Council's asset register and property asset management system.
- Analyse property data including the operational costs and receipts from the Council's properties comparing performance against benchmarks/ KPIs.
- Liaise with Council's Legal Services Department in relation to property matters including title issues, lettings, lease renewals, wayleaves, developments, disposals and acquisitions.
- Assist the Council's GIS officer in the identification and mapping of Council's property assets onto the GIS system and handle negotiations on any encroachments or other property issues identified.
- Deal with queries on rates assessments on Council properties including rating appeals and information required in relation to the General Revaluation carried out by LPS.
- Collate property related information and assist in the preparation of reports for senior management and Council meetings.
- Liaise with external professional consultants as required.
All applicants must meet the essential criteria below.
- Hours of work 9am-5pm 37 hours per week
- £15.81 per hour
- You must be flexable to travel through the council area
Applicants must have a third level qualification.
Please demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples, that you have a minimum of 2 years' (4 years if you do not have the academic requirement in Criteria 1) experience in Estate Management of large mixed use property portfolios to include at least two of the following:
· Handling lettings, lease renewals, rent reviews, acquisitions and disposals
· Management of a Property Asset Management database
· Implementation of asset management strategies
Applicants must hold corporate Membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors as either a Chartered Valuation Surveyor, Chartered Commercial Property Surveyor or Chartered Planning and Development Surveyor or equivalent.
Applicants must have awareness of legislation and key elements of property legal matters.
An understanding of the workings of local government and the wider environment and political context in which it operates.
Hold a full current driving licence to drive within Northern Ireland and access to a form of transport that meets the needs of the post in full OR have access to a form of transport which enables the applicant to meet the full requirements of the post in full.* (*This relates to any person who has declared that they have a disability which debars them from driving).