- Assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts, to include important costing exercises, for reporting to the Managing Directors.
- Assist the Company Accountant in preparing the Year-End Audit file, for presentation to the company auditors.
- Working and communicating with external auditors and HMRC.
- Ensure all purchase invoices are correctly approved, appropriately coded and processed on time.
- Ensure necessary banking transactions, including supplier payments, customer receipts and weekly payroll, are completed accurately and according to the time schedule.
- Monitor credit control to ensure customers adherence to credit limit.
- Recording office/workshop expenditures and ensuring these expenses are approved and within agreed budget.
- Administer the company pension scheme.
- Preparation of UK VAT returns, Intrastat & EC Sales reporting.
- Any other duties, within reason and capability, as agreed with the Senior Managers.
- Fully qualified IATI, ATT or Part Qualified Accountant
- Relevant Experience / Knowledge
- At least 2/3 years' experience in an accounts-based role
- Skills and Competencies
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, with strong interpersonal skills.