The Client: Located in Newry, the company are a major supplier to commercial, agricultural, retail and domestic customers.
Hours of work: Monday to Thursday 9am - 5.30pm, & Friday 9am - 4.30pm
· Assist in the preparation of the annual statutory accounts and help with the annual audit
· Help with the preparation of monthly management accounts
· Balance sheet reconciliations after accounts preparation, must be kept up-to-date
· Assist in the preparation and review of month-end activities including inventory, general ledger, sales margin analysis and ICO reconciliations
· Assist in the preparation of the daily funds request for the Bank and help the Company Accountant with month end BIF reconciliations
· Carry out the monthly Fuelcard Reconciliation and deal with any discrepancies
· Control and operation of an Imprest Petty Cash with monthly counts and Petty Cash maintenance. Responsible for cash control
· Assist in the preparation of all Group VAT reconciliation and returns
· Help with analysis and in the preparation of annual budgets and forecasts
· Mentoring of accounts cashier and cross -training for both roles
· Providing the Company Accountant with assistance on ad hoc projects that may arise
- Qualifications & Experience - demonstrable IATI or similar accounting qualification and/ or at least 2 years' demonstrable experience in a similar role.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work as part of team as well as on own initiative.
- Excellent IT Skills with proven experience in Microsoft Packages.
- Extensive experience of Excel spreadsheets, including data validation, formula, sorting and summarising data.
- Advanced knowledge of Sage packages.
- Ability to prioritise work, meet deadlines and work calmly under pressure - this will involve excellent organisation skills, ability to manage your time and diary effectively to achieve results.
- Professional and pro-active approach with a commitment to problem solving.
- Committed to good customer care - internal and external customers.
- Salary: £20k + per annum
- Holiday Entitlement: 28 days pro rata, including statutory and public holidays
Why use Grafton? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.