I am urgently looking for an Assistant Accountant with good technical accountancy for my client based in Newry. The successful candidate will assist with accounts preparation and be involved in the budgeting process.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual statutory accounts and help with the annual audit
- Help with the preparation of monthly management accounts
- Balance sheet reconciliations for both Companies after accounts preparation, must be kept up-to-date
- Assist in the preparation and review of month-end activities including inventory, general ledger, sales margin analysis and ICO reconciliations
- Carry out the monthly Reconciliation and deal with any discrepancies
- Responsible for cash control
- Assist in the preparation of all Group VAT reconciliation and returns
- Help with analysis and in the preparation of annual budgets and forecasts
- Mentoring of accounts cashier and cross -training for both roles
- Providing the Company Accountant with assistance on ad hoc projects that may arise
- Fully qualified IATI, ATT or Part Qualified Accountant
- Relevant Experience / Knowledge
- At least 2/3 years' experience in an accounts-based role
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, with strong interpersonal skills.