Grafton Recruitment is currently seeking an experienced Assistant Accountant for our Public Sector client. This role can be based in either their Dublin City Centre or Monaghan Office. This role will be initially a contract role up until December 2020.
Our client is looking for a part qualified or recently qualified Accountant to join their team. The Assistant Accountant will be responsible for the day to day financial operations of the Accounts Payable and Travel & Subsistence functions within our clients Financial Control Unit. As primary importance you will ensure our clients compliance with Prompt Payment guidelines, Travel & Subsistence regulations, Procurement guidelines and all other statutory obligations.
- Assist with the management of the day to day operations, within the Accounts Payable functions
- Authorising of Invoices, Credit Notes, Credit Cards & Direct Debits
- Compliance with 15 Day & 30 Days Prompt Payment Rules
- Assist with submission of Quarterly Prompt Payment report to Government Department
- Prepare and submit annual Third Party Return Report to Revenue
- Processing & Payment of Professional Services Withholding Tax
- Financial Reporting, as required
- Assist with the management of the Travel & Subsistence function
- Review status reports of Travel & Subsistence claims
- Support authorisers reviewing claims & dealing with queries raised
- Performance Management
- Ensure that all staff adhere to regulations and procedures
- Allocate work, develop staff and ensure effective relationships in a team working context
- General HR, Learning and Development
- Part Qualified Accountant
- 5 years+ experience in a similar role
- People Management experience
- Strong organisational skills
- Experience of working within a framework of confidentially
- Proficient in use of integrated financial accounting systems e.g. Sun System
- Proficient in MS packages e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook
- Knowledge of workings of the community/voluntary/public sector
- Knowledge of CRM, SharePoint
- Knowledge of Government Accounting Regulations
- Understanding of the Irish language
- Excellent salary on offer €48,812
- Excellent benefits package on offer after probation including pension and option of flexi time
- Can be located in Dublin City Centre or Monaghan
Why use Grafton?
We know that finding the right job can be challenging but we have the tools and resources to succeed. We are an established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary clients in multiple industry sectors in Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by the clicking the button or call Ciara Connolly on 01 4505288.