Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Civil Service to recruit a temporary Assistant Financial Investigator to start ASAP for a duration of 5 Months
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £10.61
13+ week's £18.59
- A minimum of two years experience of conducting criminal or other legal enforcement investigations within the previous seven years.
- Previous exposure to the Police and Criminal Evidence (Northern Ireland) Order 1989 (or Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1994) and the Criminal Procedure and Investigations Act 1996
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure using own initiative.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Experience of using information technology as part of work
- Ability to input to and interrogate computer databases.
- Ability to operate in customer facing role.
- Ability to conduct directed investigations with the public and suspects including taking statements.
- Ability to follow recognised investigative processes.
- Understanding of the Criminal Justice System.
- Full current driving licence and access to a form of personal transport which will enable you to meet the requirements of the role
- drafting applications for investigative orders and warrants
- drafting s168 POCA Provision of information by defendant orders
- drafting statements of information
- drafting confiscation timetables
- DPA/GDPR enquiries as appropriate
- Enquiries relating to financial investigations including taking of witness statements / production of exhibits as necessary
- copying files
- attendance at court to assist with service of documents
- liaison with and service of documents to Public Prosecution Service, Bar Library and defence
- support to the Deputy Principal Financial Investigations Manager and to the Grade 7 Financial Investigation Section
- any other reasonable and relevant duties as may be required from time to time
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £26/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Laura Hagan or Sinead McGivern will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland