Provide a system design and planning service using computer-based network modelling, G.I.S., database systems and to add value at all stages of this process. To assist in the safe, effective and economic, construction, operation and maintenance of a natural gas network in the Phoenix License area.
* Contribute to the engineering design of a gas distribution system including risk assessment / hazard analysis to ensure full compliance with legislation and requirements as set out in relevant IGEM recommendations.
* To add value to engineering designs through use of best available technology and technical solutions.
* To prepare accurate cost estimates and financial approval documentation for distribution works including mains /services / meter alterations, or any other associated areas.
* To provide technical support for the sales staff to ensure compliance and the most cost-effective development of the network and customer supplies.
* Plan and support routine and non-routine maintenance activities, operations and other works on the gas distribution system as instructed ensuring effective use of resource to meet planned timescales and budgeted costs.
* Audit a range of distribution activities including construction, maintenance, plant protection and live gas operations.
* To prepare and present reports and recommend appropriate suggestions to meet business requirements, including the preparation of spreadsheets.
* Ensure that all regulations relating to Health & Safety at work are observed and that company standards are maintained in order to protect the Health and Safety of staff, colleagues and others.
* To be involved with and participate in the training and competence assessment of others. Attend technical/personal development courses.
* To participate on the Engineering stand-by rota as appropriate.
* Liaise with internal / external customers and contractor to ensure the programme and constructability of customer supplies are achieved.
* Establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with all work colleagues, contractors and partnering agencies to ensure an integrated contribution to PNG's corporate objectives.
* Observe and comply with policies and procedures for Health and Safety at Work and observe and continually promote equal opportunities and customer care in compliance with organisational aims and objectives.
* Participate in learning and development activities that develop personal effectiveness and assist in improving performance in the role.
* Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required in line with the level of responsibility of the post and in order to meet the changing needs of the organisation.
A driving licence is essential for this role.