Assistant Legal Advisor - Non Profit Sector
Assistant Legal Advisor - Non Profit Organisation
At Grafton Recruitment we are currently working in partnership with a not for profit organisation with Dublin City Centre offices. This organisation is committed to providing information, advice, education and outreach programmes in relation to consumer rights within the EU and are currently seeking a motivated candidate to take up the position of Assistant Legal Advisor.
The Assistant Legal Adviser will support the Legal Advisor with day-to-day operations and is responsible for providing in-house support and advice in relevant legal matters, in particular consumer protection law and regulatory compliance, when called upon to do so. The successful candidate will also take an active role in assisting with the complaint handling function of the organisation, supporting a small but busy team of out-of-court dispute resolution advisers to provide an efficient and effective service to the public.
Key day to day responsibilities will include:
- Assist with the provision of effective and timely advice on legal matters concerning the organisation
- Assist with the provision of information to the public on their rights as consumers, and of assistance in the resolution of consumer complaints
- In conjunction with Director and the Legal Advisor, liaison with other counterparts, traders, ADR bodies and relevant stakeholders with a view to facilitating the resolution of consumer complaints
- Support and Assist with the assessment and allocation of enquires and complaints to dispute resolution advisers and support officers, providing for clear instructions, guidance and support in respect of case handing and the interpretation of contentious issues
- Support complaint handling activities, providing for case-management and related procedures, monitoring performance and reporting
- In conjunction with the Director and the Legal Advisor, deal with escalations and sensitive issues
- Contribution to staff training and development
- Provision and maintenance of materials on consumer protection law and ADR, including website content and information-sharing tools
- Proofreading of materials for publication
- Contribution to outreach and networking activities promoting consumer protection and ADR development, attending and participating at conferences and seminars, as required
- Contribution to research projects, consultations, advisory groups and policy-making
- Co-operation with enforcement agencies
Skills & Experience required:
- Third-level qualification in law
- Highly organised, detail and results oriented
- Excellent interpersonal and both written and verbal communications skills
- Team leadership and an ability to work on own initiative
- Critical judgment, analytical acumen and excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to engage with a diverse range of stakeholders
The salary for the role is €35,000 (with 30 days annual leave & pension) per annum and the contract is for a fixed term of 12 months which will be renewed subject to availability of funding.
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity, please send a copy of your cv for immediate review to Laura Craughwell using the enclosed ling or call 01 4505288 for further information.
Why use Grafton? We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.