In partnership with our Public Sector Client in Dundonald, Grafton are recruiting for Assistant Plant Engineer for an immediate start.
As a member of the Operational Services team, the candidate will be required to carry out maintenance tasks to ensure the efficient operation of mechanical, electrical and electronic systems under the direction of the Plant Manager Officer and supervision of the Plant Engineer.
Salary: £8.82 per hour
Hours of Work: TBC
- Assist the Plant Engineer in carry out the planned maintenance programme and reactive maintenance activities as required, including carrying out all relevant checks and keeping associated records.
- Service and maintain the ice surface using appropriate machinery in order to maintain safe ice conditions.
- Assist the Plant Engineer to carry out routine service, calibration, fault diagnosis and repairs on bowling plant and associated equipment and daily safety checks.
- Assist with stock taking activities including receipt of stock and associated paperwork.
- Drive and operate Council vehicles as required.
- Help ensure that all health & safety legislation, relevant guidelines and Council Health & Safety policies are complied with in relation to the services and activities of the facility and ensuring that any defects or potentially risks are reported to their immediate supervisor, including carrying out relevant checks and completing relevant forms and reports.
- Help ensure that relevant checks and records such as cleaning checks, accident / incident report forms etc are completed in a consistent and accurate manner.
- Assist in inducting new staff, casuals and any temporary work placement students.
- In the absence of Centre Management (6am - 9am daily) be responsible for admissions, cash handling, centre bookings and security and emergency evacuation procedures of DIIB in accordance with the out of hours centre evacuation policy.
At least one year's relevant experience in the maintenance of mechanical, electrical services installations, plant and equipment, including the following:
- Carrying our routine maintenance tasks, diagnosis and repair of faults on engineering and / or building services plant
- Carrying out minor repairs to building services / engineering plant / building fabric
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.