Assistant Technical Manager | Food Production | Dublin North
My client, a leader in Fresh Food Production is seeking to hire an Assistant Technical Manager to support the Technical and Quality Management function. The ideal candidate will have a Food Science/Food Technology 3rd Level Qualification.
- Working effectively with and reporting to the Technical Manager as part of the management team ensuring quality standards are adhered to and maintained i.e. BRC, and all other relevant quality and HACCP systems.
- Supervision of the QC/QA personnel and the day to day activities within the team ensuring that all QC/QA responsibility from raw material intake to dispatch is covered.
- Plan and organise the daily department workload with reference to schedule requirements
- Provide effective and responsive QC/QA support to the production team to meet their objectives of quality, cost and output.
- Provide support to the various teams in the production areas on quality/technical related issues.
- Ensure that any non-compliances to quality or food safety procedures/policies are reported/rectified and necessary corrective action is taken and reported to the TM.
- Drive and implement plant wide quality and HACCP system improvements
- Be proactive at all times ensuring that the business is "Audit" ready in conjunction with the TM and the production team.
- Ensure that incoming and production quality and traceability documents are in compliance with the BRC and all other relevant standards
- Liaising with the maintenance personnel ensuring that anything that needs repair is carried out and the maintenance schedule is kept up to date.
- Ensure that any supplier non-conformances are rectified, corrective action taken and reported
- All such other reasonable duties as may be required and directed by the Technical Manager and/or the Directors.
- Experience and Skills Required:
- Food Science/Food technology or Fresh Produce degree preferred.
- Strong technical knowledge desirable.
- BRC knowledge of standards preferred.
- People management skills essential.
- Possess good organisational and communication skills.
- Be confident and assertive.
- 8am - 4.30pm
- Career progression
- Canteen on site
Why use Grafton? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please contact the Swords branch on 01-8900190 and apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.