Role: Associate, IT Infrastructure
Grafton Specialist recruitment has been retained to recruit an Associate, IT Infrastructure role for the company, based in Letterkenny.
The company are seeking to recruit a Graduate Systems Engineer to support the Infrastructure environment and Enterprise Applications. This individual will work across Infrastructure Management and related technologies & products. The role provides application administration and support, change management, problem management and capacity/performance management.
- Application Support
- Business Continuity planning and testing
- Application server configuration changes
- Product specific administration
- Product updates
- Migrations, upgrades, patching
- Trouble shooting
- The ideal candidate should have a recognized third level IT qualification and should have fundamental knowledge in the following areas:
- Administrative knowledge of Wintel server operating systems;
- Administrative knowledge of multiple server operating systems; Linux - RHEL, CentOS / Unix - AIX
- Application & Web Servers - Tomcat, Apache, IIS
- Databases - MS SQL
- LDAP / Security / Active Directory
- Knowledge of VMware Virtualisation Platform
- Cloud Computing - AWS / Azure
- Previous experience in Management and Administration of Wintel & Linux Infrastructure is a huge plus.
- Excellent problem solving and Root Cause Analysis skills
- The ability to develop solutions, document and communicate outcomes to stakeholders and non-technologists.
- Excellent understanding of and experience in delivering architectural solutions using new and emerging technologies
- Capable of producing well documented requirements, developing designs, preparing and executing implementation plans
- Proficiency in understanding, analyzing and defining corrective actions from data provided in logs, traces, and heap dumps.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio, Project)
- Ability to multi-task and work on several high priority projects simultaneously
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Provide 7x24 on-call support when required.
- Provide off-hour problem management and change implementation support.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.