Temporary Auto Electrician required for a local government organisation based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of Pay: £12.60 per hour
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday - Friday (09:00-17:30)
Duration: 1 month pending review
- To carry out as directed the full range of work normally associated with this trade in relation to the electrical servicing, preparation, maintenance and repair of all Heavy Goods Vehicle (HGV), Light Goods Vehicle (LGV) and miscellaneous vehicles
- To prepare the electrical systems of fleet items for annual testing and to observe, recognise and report promptly on any vehicle or component defects and symptoms of impending failure
- To dismantle and reassemble all fleet items as necessary for the purposes of fault-finding, repair or replacement of electrical components
- To liaise with and provide appropriate information to stores personnel in relation to the maintenance of a suitable range of electrical spares for use in the above
- To provide as required to all relevant personnel job-costing and time-recording information using the documentation provided
- To drive all vehicles as required, and to collect parts and spares as directed
- To interpret, implement and have due regard to electrical servicing/repair instructions and manufacturers specifications
- To carry out as directed diagnostic testing on the electrical systems of all vehicles and items of mobile plant, using all plant, machinery and equipment supplied
- To participate in a triage system of fault diagnosis, evaluation and repair where required to do so
- To participate as directed in all quality assurance procedures and initiatives, including the completion and submission of appropriate documentation
- To carry out all duties in accordance with health and safety legislation and related legislation or codes of practice
- To undertake such training as may be identified for the maintenance of essential craft skills
- City and Guilds Level III Diploma in Maintenance and Repair - Auto-Electrical or an equivalent relevant qualification
- One year's relevant experience in carrying out electrical servicing, maintenance and repair of HGV and LGV vehicles
- Full, current driving licence
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.