Once again Grafton have been retained by our client to assist in the recruitment of an experienced Auto Electrician to be based in their short strand depot in Belfast.
The following reflects typical duties and is not intended to be a comprehensive description of all tasks:
- Inspect, maintain and prepare bus fleet to PCV standards.
- Test, diagnose faults and rectify defects on vehicle electrical systems.
- Remove and replace vehicle electrical components.
- Minor depot plant electrical equipment repair.
- All administration associated with the post.
- Any other duty as requested by the Depot Engineer/Engineering Supervisor.
- Well presented
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Recognised Auto Electrical Apprenticeship with NVQ Level 3 or equivalent (e.g. City + Guilds Part 2) in a relevant trade or discipline
- A minimum of 2 years post apprenticeship experience working on commercial vehicles
- Awareness and understanding of customer needs
- Ability to work with diagnostics
- Ability to produce sound safe work
- Awareness of Health & Safety at work.
- Ability to take direction
- Ability to work with others and with minimal supervision.
- Full current driving licence.
- Flexible attitude to work and working hours with ability to work additional hours when required or at short notice.
- Available for call out
- Ability to obtain a PCV licence.
- Able to satisfy such medical standards as may apply to the post.
- Experience of working as a skilled trades-person on buses
- Experience of using IT packages
- Relevant qualification or training relating to a workshop environment.
- Recognised Auto Electrical Apprenticeship with NVQ Level 3 or equivalent (e.g. City + Guilds Part 2) in a relevant trade or discipline along with a minimum of 3 year's post apprenticeship experience working on commercial vehicles
- Basic knowledge of mechanical aspects of electrical interfaces
- Possess PCV Licence
Shift - Night shift / 37 hours per week Sunday - Wednesday shift pattern
Pay rate - £606.67 per week / £16.39 per hour
Holidays - 24 plus 9 stats payable from week 12
For further information please contact Graham on 02890242824 or submit your CV via the link.
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.