Back End Developer
Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit a Back End Developer for a leading FinTech company based in Donegal. This role is initially on a temporary basis.
You will be:
- Working with the latest server-side development technologies such as Java, Spring, AWS, Docker, CI/CD.
- Working with concepts such as microservices, event-driven architectures, and API based design.
- Collaborate with Front End Developers on API Design for RESTful web services
- Working in an Agile environment delivering new components as well as aiding the development of new products.
The successful candidate will join a Development team who are responsible for developing, implementing and supporting various mission-critical applications for the Enterprise and its Business units. Responsibility will also include the ongoing maintenance of existing applications in support of our customers.
Summary of Duties
The chosen candidate will work as part of a talented team of Software Specialists. This person will be responsible for supporting a suite of cutting edge web, mobile and distributed applications.
Project activities should be primarily focused on:
- Development and enhancement of backend services.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Desire to learn, share and apply new skills
- Ability to present solutions to complex problems
- Research emerging technologies and develop POC's
- Participate in the architecture, system design and development of microservice applications.
- Work in an iterative/Agile environment to collaborate with team members and other teams and integrate individual components into complex enterprise systems.
The successful candidate will have a 3 to 5 years direct experience in web and/or distributed development environment and must be educated to degree level.
- 3 + years' experience in hands-on JEE development; In-depth knowledge of API based development and extensive experience in server-side development; JEE Stack/ Spring Boot knowledge. Experience with Web service technologies such as REST, JSON, SOAP, JAXB, JAX-WS
- Experience with service implementation, integration patterns, and SOLID design principles. Understanding the principles of microservice and event-driven architectures.
- Proven ability to design innovative solutions, and deliver quality software to strict standards and schedules through own efforts and those of others.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver production quality software within tight schedules.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems such as IBM WCM; Proficient with database design, SQL and stored procedures.
- Knowledge of APIGEE Edge (API Proxies management)
- Knowledge of cloud computing platforms (for ex. AWS)
- Experience with Messaging/ Middleware Services (Camel/ Kafka/ ActiveMQ)
- Experience on using tools such as Ant, Maven, GIT, Jenkins.
- Experience with Linux development environments and knowledge of DevOps principles and methodologies
- Experience of monitoring and debugging using tools such as CloudWatch, Dynatrace, and Splunk.
- Experience of Agile Methodologies such as SCRUM and TDD.
You will receive a fantastic package, the opportunity to work for a key player in the FinTech Industry and the possibility of US travel.
Contact Details & Deadline
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Jonathan McConnell at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07384 513 095 for a confidential chat.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing, and Procurement.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple sectors in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland