Role: Band 2 clerical officer/ Receptionist
Rate of Pay: £8.66
Location: Stewartstown Road Health centre, Belfast
Hours: 37.5 hrs
Duration: Until 31/12/19 in the first instance
To carry out a wide range of clerical/administrative tasks, primarily reception duties, to support/assist in the effective and efficient provision of services within Stewartstown Road Health Centre.
- Operate the Trust Telephone System within Stewartstown Rd Health Centre in a prompt, efficient and courteous manner.
- Respond to internal and external calls and visitors to the Centre, providing general assistance and information to callers which may require tact and persuasive skills where barriers of communication and understanding are presented.
- Occasionally deal with distressed callers/visitors relating to social services/health issues which require empathy, understanding and the skills to reassure the caller/visitor before transferring the call to the appropriate person.
- Take and relay messages/information.
- Maintain and update the internal telephone directory for the Centre.
- Report faults relating to the telephone system and building.
- Use of computer system to manage room bookings within the Centre.
- Undertake general office duties such as photocopying, scanning and faxing.
- Report faults relating to photocopiers and maintain appropriate stock of consumables.
- Assist in the absence of others to maintain and support service delivery within the Centre
- 4 GCSEs at Grades A-C including English or English Language (excluding English Literature) or equivalent / higher qualification
- Experience in an administrative role.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Kathryn or a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE 14/10/2019.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.